Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Where to next?

It's been 105 days since I last used my passport.  Maybe it's the grey sky or the European fashion blogs I've been reading religiously, but I have the itch again.  And I've got it bad!  Mom (my faithful reader), don't worry--I'm not sick and my building isn't infected with fleas.  Promise!

When I return home from a traveling adventure, it takes maybe a week before I want to leave again.  It's not that I don't like home.  I love my bed, my shower, wardrobe options, family, friends, home church, street signs I can read, etc... (please note, this list in no particular order of priority or preference). There's something about exploring different countries, cultures, food and history that's quite engaging.  Traveling brings a similar feeling of being alive as getting on stage.  It's dynamic and exciting as you never know exactly what will happen next.  

Where to next?  Ireland, Spain, Morocco, Rwanda, Portugal, Czech Republic, Poland or Brazil?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you know you have a faithful reader. less than 24 hours after post, i have kept up with you. Perhaps i use checking your blog as an excuse to avoid work? Did we create a monster by exposing you to the joys of travel? At least we didn't go the 4 star route, this way anything looks good.

ps. would you chose to stay in a formula 1 motel? mom

Anonymous said...

oh, can you not do Rwanda or perhaps even Morocco? Total "mom-paranoia" thing, but "once a mom, always a mom".