Tuesday, March 3, 2009

How time flies!

I'd say my 2009 goal of blogging more frequently has gone out the window....except, I've been busy fulfilling other 2009 goals.  Just need to catch up here!  The update:

Amanda's 2009 To Do's:
  • Find a way to make $$ with photography. --Created a Flickr Pro account & I'm uploading the past 2+ years of digital photos.  Might sign up for an amateur photography contest for The Fair. 
  • Hand-craft all Christmas 2009 gifts.
  • Start/maintain a regular work-out routine, keep a predetermined weight (not to be mentioned here). --Proud owner of a gym membership (as of today!). 
  • Go on a trip with my siblings, their spouses and our cousins. One trip, many relatives. --Attending family reunion this summer....other trips TBD.
  • Actively participate in a small group at church. --Check!  Co-leading a community volunteering small group, new member of the YP worship team, and helping out with the church cafe (small group of sorts).
  • Purge my belongings--give to goodwill, recycle (now that I have my handy sewing machine I can refashion the clothes that are too big), and get rid of "stuff" I have no use for. --Busy the past few days purging & re-organizing my closet.  Gave my TV to Goodwill a few weeks ago--haven't missed it :) 
  • Begin to sew and design clothing & household items. --Finish an (adorable!) apron, table runner and memo board. 
  • Commit to a missions trip in 2010. --Spain or Poland with dad, details TBD.
  • Host 5 parties at mi casa. 
  • Read 2+ books a month.  Maybe even write a few reviews?
  • Blog regularly (off to a good start). --An average of once a week has to count for something, right?
  • Save a predetermined amount for a house/condo down payment.
  • Pursue strategic friendships (no, I'm not talking about romantic relationships or networking)--the ability to grow and nurture friendships is something I need to work on.  
  • Pay off ALL debt, except a college loan (maybe the college loan too!).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good job!