Thursday, March 6, 2008

What's in a Name

The Toys
As a kid, I named all my stuffed animals. Unfortunately, I had this short-term memory issue. With so many stuffed animals, I had to rename them each day. Mind you they were always organized and well dressed (including my teddy bear I got at 4 years old, determined it was a boy, somehow he always ended up dressed in drag...hmmm).
The Car
My first car was named Chadwick. I know, cars are "supposed" to be girls, believe me Chadwick was a boy.
The Camera
Then there was Ella, my beautiful photographic companion (Canon Digital Rebel XT). She is one of the things I would save in a fire. Seriously.
The Laptop
My work laptop received its special name as the result of a good friend's inspiration. It goes something like this:
Amanda: Today I got my laptop. It's cute!!!
Friend: does it have a name?

Amanda: Not yet--it almost has the Russian look to it...hmmm
Friend: tatiana the tiger that kills people?
Amanda: I like Tatiana!
Should I warn people about her?

Friend: --the tiger that kills people
yes
only if they ask, though
"does this laptop kill people?"
"yes, it is tatiana."

Amanda: I'll create a sign over my desk warning about the tiger on the loose....perhaps, Warning: Tiger on the Loose. Then if they ask about the death toll, I'll have to tell then it's simply to hard to keep track, but I'd be happy to add their picture to the wall if they find themselves victims of Tatiana's terrifying teeth
Friend: oooh, good, good.

The Phone
Now I need helping naming my iPhone. Suggestions?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have an iphone? I am so jealous.

your geeky mom