Thursday, April 22, 2010

Let the planning (or eating) begin!

September is still the target for departing for a year in Paris. It's time to figure out those fun things like: Can I access my bank while in Paris without exorbitant fees? What type of Visa do I need? What's a safe, reasonable & charming neighborhood to live in?

Researching is great, but food is better ;) So my future Paris flatmate and I began our evening by familiarizing ourselves with a French dish that altered the lifestyle of Julia Childs. Dinner: Sole Meuniere, roasted potatoes and a simple salad with Parmesan & a vinaigrette (with shallots, yum!). Research never tasted so good! (The Sole Meuniere is a simple, elegant dish that tastes amazing--I highly recommend.)

So many details to figure out, but if French cooking accompanies them then il sera bon.

No comments: