Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I caved

Something inside of me is fundamentally opposed to paying for iPhone apps.  Perhaps it has something to do with working for a web based company that provides a FREE service to consumers :)  I might just be cheap.  Regardless of the actual reason (the anonymity is more exciting, so I won't be paying a therapist to figure this out), I caved.  

What could be worth throwing away my values?  Scrabble.  Boggart (a Boggle knockoff).  

Was it worth it?
  • Scrabble $4.99 (cough).  I love the Scrabble app!  I don't regret the $$ I coughed up for it.  It's easy to use and is uncannily similar to an actual Scrabble board.  You can stop and start in the middle of a game, play against the computer or connect with other friends who have the app (have yet to try this).   Best of all, I can improve my Scrabble game anywhere in the world so that I can compete with friends & family members (yeah, you!) who consistently beat me.  It seems competition is worth at least a $4.99 investment.
  • Boggart $1.99.  Boggle pulled it's app from the iPhone before I was able to try it out.  Boggart seems the closest imitation currently available.  The game is pretty simple to use.  My biggest complaint is the lack of a "back" key when I've misspelled a word and the lag time for the app to recognize a word I've entered.  If you're a crazy Boggle fanatic and you need to play on the go, then this is a viable option.  Otherwise, it's probably not worth the $1.99.

No comments: