Monday, February 22, 2010

How can you avoid over-consuming?

Find the perfect question.  Oui! The perfect question.  Looking towards my September move and the reduction of my life to a couple of suitcases the following comes to mind:
  • I hate moving.  Carefully packing & hauling around heavy boxes.  Ick!
  • I need to save money for the move.
  • I have too much stuff.  What to do with it all?
  • I'm only taking two suitcases to Paris. 
So what is a girl to do?  After a few closet purges & trips to Goodwill, I discovered my all important question: "Would I take this to Paris?"  (OR, if all my stuff is packed into two suitcases would this make the cut?).  Every time I go shopping or clean out my closet I ask myself that question.  You wouldn't believe the money I've saved & junk I've gotten rid of.

So what's your question?  

No comments: